The largest of the communities in the eastern portion of Oahu, Hawaii Kai, offers plenty of outdoor activities, amenities and beautiful oceanfront and marinafront homes. This area provides the permanent resident a convenient, upscale oasis from busy Honolulu life.
Activities for All
Sports and the outdoor life play an important role for Hawaii Kai residents and visitors alike. If you are a golf enthusiast, venture out to the Hawaii Kai Golf Course for a round of eighteen holes, in the interim enjoy surrounding Queens Gate, a golf course gated community. If water activities are your passion, Hawaii Kai Marina and Maunalua Bay feature terrific boating, paddling, water skiing and parasailing. Alternatively, Hanauma Bay is a sure delight with its unique and colorful marine life, as well as world-class snorkeling, scuba diving and swimming. Wide streets throughout Hawaii Kai offer a pleasant venue for biking and jogging.
Venues and Vistas
Away from the waterfront, be sure to visit the many shopping centers, restaurants, supermarkets and theaters in the neighborhood located a convenient 30 minutes from Waikiki, or about 12 miles from downtown Honolulu. Along the way be sure to take in the multitude of marinafront townhomes and condominiums with private docks, and gorgeous vistas of Koko Head.
For more information about the Hawaii Kai area, take a look at take the following websites:
- Hawaii Kai Marina Association – www.hawaiikaimarina.com/
- Hanauma Bay – www.hanaumabaystatepark.com
- Koko Head/Crater – www.alltrails.com/trail/us/hawaii/koko-head-crater-trail–2
- Maunalua Bay – www.hawaiiforvisitors.com/oahu/attractions/maunalua-bay.htm
- Hawaii Kai Golf Course – hawaiikaigolf.com/golf/
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center – www.hawaiikaitownecenter.com
- Koko Marina Center – www.kokomarinacenter.com
- Hawaii Kai Chamber of Commerce – www.hikaicoc.com
- Overview of Hawaii Kai neighborhood – en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Kai,_Hawaii