Located in East Honolulu at the edge of Koko Head, the back side of Hanauma Bay, this prestigious neighborhood adjacent to Hawaii Kai offers waterfront and ocean view homes in the Portlock, Koko Kai, and Triangle communities. Lot sizes tend to be larger than average and many buyers prefer this area for its sense of exclusivity, privacy and spectacular views of the ocean, coastline, Diamond Head and sunset vistas.
With the development of the Hawaii Kai residential community in the 1960s, Henry Kaiser chose Portlock as the setting for his personal residence spread across 3 oceanfront parcels. Luxury waterfront homes in Portlock overlook tranquil Maunalua Bay, and the neighborhood offers several public ocean access paths for inland residents to step into the shallow water for kayaking or paddle out to the distant surf breaks. Hillside homes on the slopes of Koko Head overlook deep water in some areas with fantastic views of whales, dolphins, and sea turtles. Exceptional architecture with island lifestyle touches offers some of East Honolulu’s most desirable living in the Portlock area.
Located near shopping centers, schools, world-famous snorkeling at Hanauma Bay and nearby golf courses and marinas.
- Portlock Beaches – www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu-Magazine/November-2013/Hidden-beaches-of-Kahala-and-Portlock/
- Koko Kai Beach Park/China Walls – www.vthawaii.com/OAHU/Beaches/67-Koko-Kai-Portlock.html
- Hanauma Bay – www.vthawaii.com/OAHU/Beaches/HanaumaBay8539.html & www.hanaumabaystatepark.com
- Portlock Community Association – www.portlockroad.com/history
- Koko Marina Shopping Center – www.kokomarinacenter.com