Located on the east side of Oahu along the Windward Coast, Kailua is a relaxed beach community with boutiques, restaurants, and world-famous beaches along beautiful Kailua Bay. Spectacular Kailua Beach, with approximately 3 miles of white sand, turquoise water, and gentle breezes, attracts visitors and buyers from around the globe. A hub for water sports, Kailua Beach is ideal for kayaking, snorkeling, outrigger canoe paddling, boogie boarding, snorkeling, surfing, and more.
The town of Kailua is a diverse beach town with small town flair. The annual Fourth of July parade followed by evening fireworks, and numerous cultural events throughout the year are just a few of the reasons residents and tourists love this small town.
Many luxury homes are located along Kailua’s beachfront neighborhoods which comprise popular vacation destination for many celebrities and VIPS. Former U.S. President Obama and his family have spent many of their winter vacations at one of the private estates along Kailua Beach. Kailua is surrounded by the Ko’olau Mountain range with its dominant ridges and majestic Mount Olomana. Outdoor activities also include hiking, biking, jogging, and golfing at nearby public and private courses.
- Beaches – www.kailuachamber.com/beaches
- Hiking & Biking Trails – www.kailuachamber.com/hikingbiking
- Public Golf Courses – www.kailuachamber.com/kailuagolf
- Public Schools – www.hawaiipublicschools.org/ParentsAndStudents/EnrollingInSchool/SchoolFinder/Pages/home.aspx?fx=true&fr1=Oahu|&fk=kailua#k=kailua%20owstaxIdIsland%3AOahu
- Kailua Chamber of Commerce – www.kailuachamber.com/aboutkailua
Lanikai is a neighborhood community of Kailua and is exhalted for its idyllic white sand beaches, clear, calm turquoise waters and beautiful views of the famous offshore Mokulua Islands. Often cited as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Lanikai Beach was ranked in the “Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Beaches in the U.S” by TripAdvisor in 2018. A neighborhood park and the ever-famous bike lane known as “da loop” is where many residents meet their friends and neighbors for an early morning jog or evening stroll. Known as one of Oahu’s most desirable residential neighborhoods, many homebuyers are very specific in searching only in this special enclave.
Magnificent custom oceanfront estates and more casual Hawaiian bungalows can be found in both Kailua and Lanikai. In addition to the spectacular ocean views, many residences also provide great locations to watch seasonal whales and sea turtles.
- Lanikai Beach – travel.usnews.com/Honolulu_Oahu_HI/Things_To_Do/Lanikai_Beach_63927; www.portaloha.com/SecretsOfHawaii/KailuaBeach.htm
- Lanikai Canoe Club – www.lanikaicanoeclub.org
- Mid Pacific Country Club – www.mpcchi.org
- Lanikai Pillbox Hike – www.best-of-oahu.com/lanikai-pillbox-hike.html