Hidden beachfront jewel designed by renown mid-century architect George J. Wimberly whose signature projects include the Sheraton Waikiki, Coco Palms Resort on Kauai, and Hotel Bora Bora. A unique A-frame design is showcased with light-filled and flowing indoor/outdoor spaces designed to capture expansive ocean views. Beautiful use of local materials throughout such as lava rock and hardwood flooring. Surrounded by tropical landscaping, enjoy peace and serenity in this exceptional beachfront location with 55 linear feet of ocean frontage and tiled pool. White sand beach and ocean playground are just steps from your yard to enjoy swimming and Hawaii’s warm sunshine! Furnished, per inventory.
- Designed by mid-century architect George J.”Pete” Wimberly, founder of global architectural design firm WATG and well-known for his work in Hawaii on landmark projects such as the Waikikian and Sheraton Waikiki hotels, renovation of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, Don the Beachcomber restaurant, and Kauai’s Coco Palms Resort.
- The home’s tropical resort style, which is modeled after a Samoan long house, reflects Wimberly’s signature dramatic roof and use of Hawaiian materials and motifs. The fluid transition of indoor and outdoor spaces embraces the island lifestyle.
- Remodeled in 2014 with kitchen and bath by John Cook Design. Majority of the plumbing and electrical were replaced. Gas pipe replaced in 2017 from the gas meter to the house.
- Distressed Oak wood floors and original beautiful polished concrete floors
- Whitewashed driftwood stained ceilings
- Plantation shutters
- Living Room: 120” pull-down movie screen; Epson 8350 w2000 Lumens PowerLite Home Cinema High Definition Projector; Bose V35 Home Entertainment System 5.1; Yamaha Surround Sound system. Fireplace.
- Kitchen: Cambria Quartz island and counter seating where you can enjoy ocean views. Monogram appliances, including wine refrigerator and Advantium microwave/oven. Zebra wood countertop near dining area.
- Master Bedroom: Interior windows are mahogany framed and double paned; top 3 are electric. Custom King size bed with Mahogany frame and canopy; Tempur-Pedic classic mattress. Soundbar.
- Upstairs Master Bath windows are special sound insulating double pane. Enjoy ocean views from the shower. Vanity countertops are Cambria Quartz.
- Bath and Cabinet Fixtures from Restoration Hardware
- Upstairs Den
- Guest Bedroom with its own patio and Separate Entrance
- Oversized Laundry/Utility Room with Bosch washer/dryer and full bath can also be used as a 4th bedroom, workout room, or second office space.
- Additional usable area of approximately 300 sq ft on the upper level is not included in the Tax Records information due to slope of roof.
- Central A/C commercial upstairs. 4 split A/C units downstairs.
- Furnished, per inventory. Includes furniture in bedrooms & office/den, plus outdoor furnish-ings and water sports crafts. Excludes furnishings in living room, dining room and kitchen.
- 40 ft tiled deep swimming pool with twin dolphins and orchid tile design inspired by the Halekulani Hotel. Flagstone decking.
- Built-in Barbecue
- Hobie Oasis two-seater kayak with sail; Equinox two-seater kayak. Three paddle boards. Assorted water toys.
- Security System
- Tankless Gas Water Heater
- Outdoor Lighting
- Thatched style shingle roof replaced end of 2015
- Tented in 2017
- Moss Rock Walls. Automatic Electric Gate with beautiful wave design.
- Bedroom on 1st Floor, Entry, Full Bath on 1st Floor, Landscaped, Wall/Fence
- Construction Materials
- Double Wall, Single Wall, Slab
- Hardwood, Other
- Paiko Lagoon
- Parking Features
- 3 Car+, Carport, Driveway
- Parking Total
- Pool Features
- In Ground
- Property Frontage
- Property Type
- Single Family
- Security Features
- Key, Video
- Garage Carport SqFt
- Living Area SqFt
- Lanai Open SqFt
- Roofed Other SqFt
- Total SqFt
- City, Coastline, Diamond Head, Mountain, Ocean, Sunset
- Year Built
- Year Remodeled
Additional Property Info
- Property Disclosure Stmt
- Days on Market
- Elementary School
- Aina Haina
- Flood Zone
- Zone VE
- High School
- Middle/Junior School
- Niu Valley
- Property Condition
- Wood Shake
- Tax Amount
- Tax Assessed Value
- Tax Assessed Value Improvements
- Tax Assessed Value Land
- Cable, Gas, Public Water, Sewer Fee, Telephone, Water
- 04 - R-7.5 Residential District
Location (Also shows similar listings)
Similar Listings View All
Courtesy of Patricia Choi, Hawaii Life.
Based on information from the Multiple Listing Service of HiCentral MLS, Ltd. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Copyright 2019 by HiCentral MLS, Ltd.
Some of the active listings appearing on this site may be listed by other REALTORS®. If you are interested in those active listings, our company may represent you as the buyer's agent. If the active listing you are interested in is our company's active listing, you may speak to one of our agents regarding your options for representation.